- Kategorija: Plesni centar
GRUNDTVIG WORKSHOP – DRUMS AND PERCUSSIONS FOR DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING
Public Open University Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Dates: 3rd September – 9th September 2012
Workshop Organizer: Public Open University Zagreb – Center for Culture
THE FINAL PUBLIC PRESENTATION
sunday, 9th September 2012. at 6 p.m.
PUBLIC OPEN UNIVERSITY ZAGREB, Ulica grada Vukovara 68
About the Workshop:
The program includes instructions on learning to play drums and other percussion instruments as well as basic solfeggio (music theory),
discussions on particular topics in the field of performing arts and Deaf Culture, exchange of experiences and practices in artistic creation
of the Deaf, meetings with representatives of Deaf organizations in Zagreb and public performance.
Expected output of the workshop includes acquiring the following skills and competencies:
- the basics of rhythm, musical notation and rhythmic values,
- hand coordination necessary for playing drums and percussions,
- performing simple rhythms and rhythmic patterns on various percussions,
- increased motivation for continued learning and performance of music,
- learning about cultural options and possibilities for the deaf and hard of hearing persons in other EU countries,
- learning basic communication in International Sign language as well as sign languages of other workshop participants.
Through financial support of the European Commission through the framework of the Lifelong Learning Programme (Grundtvig)
Public Open University Zagreb has acquired sufficient financial means to accept 10 deaf and hard of hearing candidates
along with their hearing interpreters from 5 European countries. Travel costs, hotel and per diem expenses in Zagreb,
Croatia will be reimbursed to accepted candidates.
The „DEAF PALM PULSE“ Workshop is supported by the European Commission through Lifelong Learning Programme (Grundtvig).
DEADLINE FOR SENDING THE APPLICATION FORM: 04/08/2012.